Do you have any tips for safely storing your pet’s raw food?
- Store raw food for your pet as you would store food for yourself. Raw meat should be kept frozen until used. The temperature of your freezer should be close to -18˚C
- Store your refrigerated and frozen raw dog foods separately from the family foods.
- Thaw raw food in your refrigerator. Set your refrigerator to 0 – 4˚C.
- Tightly cover refrigerated pet food.
- Throw out old or spoiled pet food safely, for example, by placing it in a securely tied plastic bag in a covered trash can.